Wednesday, July 25, 2007

bad blogger.

Oh my, nearly every day for six months (and a few days) I've been meaning to just sit down for a minute and dash off a few lines. Bad me! I haven't been taking so many pictures, which might be part of it, but mostly I've been pretty lazy. This may be partly attributable to the fact that a week or so after my last post I (quite surprisingly) became pregnant. 13 weeks later I found out, though, so maybe that's not even a reasonable excuse :)
So, to update. Let's see. Josie's bigger and faster, can read lots of simple words ('Mama, why are we going to Big K? (me) How did you know that's what this was? (jo) It says up there! Big K!) and write things like my grocery list and love letters to me or get well cards to her friends. This is quite helpful. She also knows her phone number, which she delivers with a 'call me back!' and the dog's phone number which is actually the vet's office phone number from his rabies tag. Go figure. Really, I could go on and on about her brilliance and general inner beauty, but I'm her mother and I'm totally biased. School ended in May and we've since visited Boston again and are currently enjoying a visit with Josh's folks. Josie's also been taking a biweekly art class this summer which has been very fun and brought with it some good art, interest in yoga, and definite disinterest in dance :)
Jasper's also bigger and faster, can jump and run, tries to ride Josie's bike and generally do whatever she does. This includes wearing pink sparkly dresses and barrettes as well as sharing Josie's definite interest in trains and building toys. He's more of a deconstructor, though, while she's the putter-togetherer of the pair. Somehow it works. He's still not a big talker but has a wide variety of signs (still using Santa, also things like lobster, swimtrunks (same as elephant), wizard, and his own creations salt and elevator). Combined with the words he's got (dum-dum, chocolate, rock, clock, shoo (said to flies), papa, van, etc) he really gets his point across. He's also got a mean pout.
Baby #3 seems to be gestating nicely, hopefully giving us a couple of trimesters to get used to its arrival. Josh and I are both suspicious that it's a girl, but there's, of course, only a 50% chance that we're right. I have a name that I like for a girl (at a total loss for a boy!) but Josie doesn't want to hear it. She has said definitively that she wants it to be a surprise and she will find out when the baby is born. This is also the child who licks at her sucker for a minute then wraps it up to have later. She didn't get that from me :) Thankfully Jasper really thinks babies are neat, so we'll have to see what he thinks.
Okay, I'll write more later. Battery low!

No comments: