Monday, June 5, 2006

First let me say that I don't "let" the boy eat dirt. He really does that of his own accord, no matter how many "not for you Jaspie!!"s Josie might provide, or how many "no eating dirt/sand/dog food!!!"s I might calmly shout as I run across the living room/kitchen/yard. So don't leave me comments telling me what a bad dirt-feeding mommy I am. Really, though, just think of it like a good multivitamin. Extra nitrogen, phosphorus, that other nutrient that neither Josh nor I can remember making him grow big and strong. Just look at those buns. Steel I tell you, steel!!


That said, here are a couple of shots of two of our gardens. I took the one of the 'big family garden' over the weekend, and things are already twice as big. We've got cantaloupe and zucchini against the brick wall, and a trellis for them to grow up. Lettuce/spinach, peas, onions, and beans in rows, then tomatoes/peppers, carrots, corn, potatoes, rhubarb, pumpkins, and watermelon. Josie and I still go out and hoe every day to keep the weeds down, but she's already enjoying the peas :)



"Josie's little garden" began life as a bare patch in the lawn where Josie planted a few old pea seeds in, oh, February. One sprouted and has been joined by a red pepper, carrots, spinach, and radishes. Yum! She waters it, tends it faithfully, and brings offerings of roly-polie-olies and worms whenever she finds them. Oh, and she's not just growing peas, they're 'sweet baby peas', since that's the kind Jasper likes. What a sister!


Finally, here are a couple of gratuitously cute shots of the kids. Couldn't resist, and I knew you wouldn't mind :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure those aren't Oreo cookie crumbs on his little chin?